As some of you are aware one of the members of our team/my older sister has Down syndrome. When Jessica was in school she attended our local Special Olympics and competed with/against other students with… More
Hey everyone! I wanted to share with you some things I recently found on Etsy while searching out St. Patrick’s day ideas. Keep in mind that all of these items are handmade and are sold through Etsy.
Before we get into the list I just want to share that these are not listed in any specific order; there are a variety of items ranging from drinkware, home decor, clothing, snacks, and jewelry so be sure to check it all out! I have a direct link to each item listing below the photo of the item- that if you’d like to purchase it or see what other awesome items these shops have you
Let’s get started!!
- Shop Name: UnTeeFeated
- Price: $10 (varies by size)
- These shirts are made from 100% pre-shrunk cotton. They come in a large variety of color options if you don’t want the green. There is also a large variety of sizing options: small up to 5xl.
- Shop Name: StepbystepUA
- Price: $28.50
- This beautiful and super comfy looking beanie is crocheted from 100% cotton. If you aren’t interested in green they offer a variety of other colors as well! Ships from Ukraine.
- Ready to ship
- Shop Name: DrizzledDippedDunked
- Price: $9.95+ (varies by quantity ordered as well as how you would like them packaged (individually or in groups)
- Oh my word these look AMAZING. If you have never had chocolate dipped oreos you need to try them- they are the best! In a order of a dozen cookies you get 4 of each decoration listed (so that would be 4 leprechauns, 4 orange and green plaid, and 4 nonpareil sprinkled cookies) if you can also choose to order all leprechaun cookies.
- Shop Name: ElainesCrafts
- Price: $3.95+ (varies by quantity; you can order in sets of 10 or 20)
- How cute are these?! If you’re a lover of nail art these are perfect for you (I also need to point out how great these would make as a gift!) They are made from strong vinyl and can by applied onto any nail polish and then covered with a top coat!
- Shop Name: Cherished Cottage
- Price: $30.00
- Details: 10 inches by 8 inches in size this bunny sits on his own and is made entirely from wood and painted free hand.
- Shop Name: BuyMeSomeHappiness
- Price: $3.49
- These are awesome ideas! I LOVE bingo (seriously, I have been known to join my grandmother and her friends at local bingo events…no shame) and if you haven’t played you’re missing out haha. These are so adorable and look like so much fun! In your order you get :2 PDF digital downloads which include 30 bingo cards. You also get instructions, a words listing, and a diagram for suggested bingo patterns.
- Shop Name: NawlinsLadyNOLA
- Price: $18
- So I get that LuLaRoe is all the rage right now but seriously, these are adorable, affordable, and look so comfy! You can’t go wrong! They are made from a soft polyester and spandex blend and have a yoga-type waistband. They come in two sizes: One Size Fits All which is for woman in the sizes 2-12 range and the Curvy Size which is for women in the 12-20 size range.
- Shop Name: NoveltyBakeryArt
- Price: $24
- These cookies sound amazing *drool*. You get 6 cookies with your order and they are walnut and whiskey cookies with an irish cream glaze. AMAZING. They are 4″ by 5.5″ in size.
- Shop Name: AWildViolet
- Price: $10
- I am in love with these. How cute are they!? These are 5mm in size and feature silver butterfly closures with .925 sterling silver posts. I am so excited about how cute these look! They are just absolutely adorable!
- Shop Name: WinterinOlympus
- Price: 13.50
- Okay…every single time I look at this I smile. It’s just so cute and it makes me so happy! I personally feel that my coffee and coffee cups needs to make me happy because that’s the very first thing I do in the morning haha (I go straight to the coffee machine). This mug is an 11oz ceramic mug; it’s made to order. And…according to the listing it is the only one left so hurry hurry!
- Shop Name: Cabin20Creations
- Price: $25
- I love vintage trucks..I’m so glad that they have been becoming more and more popular because that means I can find more cute things like this! This sign is 5.35 inches tall and 7mm wide. You can also have 4 color options for the truck! You can get it in navy, green, red, and white!
- Shop Name: KidsAtHeartBeadShop
- Price: $4.33
- These are adorable and make perfect gifts. The bracelet comes on a card with the poem on it; it is also wrapped nicely in cellophane. The bracelet is on a cotton string that is 12+ inches in length so that you can tie the bracelet on.
- Shop Name: ElizabethandCoWreath
- Price: $68
- So, I don’t know about you guys but I love the look of a boxwood wreath, especially above our fireplace. Usually after Christmas our wreath rotation is between two different boxwoods until the fall. HOWEVER, this would be the PERFECT boxwood wreath for March! It is made on a grapevine wreath and is accented with artificial boxwood, baby eucalyptus, and a shamrock bow.
- Shop Name: KimberlyKayDecor
- Price: $17.99
- This is so unique and so adorable! I love it! It’s made to order and is made from Victorian greeting cards that are on soft teal and green backgrounds and feature Celtic scroll work. The garland measures 6 feet in length so that you can spread out the flags however close or far apart you’d like.
- Shop Name: Cherished Cottage
- Price: $15.00
- Details: These are lightweight and bright! They are a gorgeous green and look awesome with any outfit, especially to your St. Patrick’s Day Party! They are made with hypoallergenic material and have a rubber pushback closure.
** Disclaimer: each shop owner gave me permission to use a photo of their item, some details from their description, and a link to their shop listing.
** These items are NOT guaranteed to ship by St. Patrick’s Day
Sometime early in December I discovered the art of bullet journaling (I’m pretty I’m a little late to the parade on this, no?) and I got super excited (nerd alert). So between all of the holiday excitement I researched bullet journaling and grew more and more interested. I decided that at the start of the new year I would give it a try. I made it through January and have been doing much better with February so I decided to share what I’ve learned with you guys!
For those of you who don’t know what bullet journaling is a fun way to create your very own customized and organized planner, to do list, journal, diary, notebook etc. You can put whatever you want in it, you can organize and decorate however you want. It’s basically a fun and creative way to organize your life.
There really are no definitive rules to bullet journaling but I do believe that there are a few key things to keep in mind as you go through the process of bullet journaling:
- Have fun
- Enjoy the process, don’t stress or get overwhelmed
- Be as creative as you want to be; this is your journal so do whatever feels right to you.
- Create a KEY at the front of your bullet journal
- You don’t have to do this but I would highly recommend it. It makes life a little easier so that if you need to refer back to a specific page you don’t have to flip through your journal forever- just find the page # in your key and you’re good to go!
- Remember that this is YOUR bullet journal so you don’t have to follow anyone else’s ideas or systems; you want to do what works best for you.
- It’s okay to make mistakes, this is why we have whiteout and erasers.
I’m not going to make you guys suffer through looking at my January bullet journal because it was pretty chaotic haha. I learned a lot from my January bullet journaling experience. It helped me to decide how to set up my February spread in a more effective way.
You’ll see through my February spread it’s decorated with watercolors and markers- unfortunately the bullet journal that I purchased has rather thin pages so almost anything “inky” bleeds through to the other side. For the pages that I highly decorate such as the quote page and the month page I use a piece of blank paper that I decorate and then paste into the bullet journal.
Before even beginning this process I knew I wanted at least one quote for each month. I wanted to put it somewhere that I would see it when I opened that month and I wanted something that would be inspiring and/or uplifting. For February I chose “There are many beautiful reasons to be Happy” and I used watercolors to paint it onto the page.
On the February page I had decided to use roses and hearts with various shades of pink because…well…it’s the month of Valentines Day haha. I really really like the way the roses turned out, this was the first time I tried to draw roses!
I keep a planner along with my bullet journal because I usually have SO much going on in a month…even in a day’s time…that I could potentially fill the entire bullet journal just trying to get one month filled in haha. I just make sure to add any key details that I’ll need for the month in my bullet journal. So things like birthdays, bills, appointments, notes, and Etsy orders. I have the “events” color coded so that when I open the journal I have a quick glance at my day..it’s sort of my way of ensuring I have an extra reminder of what needs to be done or what is coming up. The only thing that I don’t like about this spread is that I didn’t really give the number of days in the month much thought until everything was written in ink and couldn’t be erased. I didn’t want to use whiteout on an entire page so I just rolled with it. This is okay! If you make mistakes don’t stress because you can easily white it out, erase it, or learn from it and make do!
Brain Dump/Etsy Goals:
I’ve seen a lot of suggestions about using a brain dump page for ideas, random thoughts, and doodles and I thought that this would be a really good idea. However, as you can see I have yet to use this page for this month and even for the month of January I don’t think I had written in the page either. I’m not sure if I’m going to bring this back for future months but we’ll see. It’s a great idea if you use it though!
Our Etsy shop is one of the bigger things that I want to try to keep organized and keep track of. I essentially want to watch my Etsy growth and see where I can improve and where I’m doing well. This was really helpful for the month of January so I’m excited to see the improvement between the two months!
For these pages I kept the rose and pinks theme going. The only thing I’m not sure about for next month is using pencil to trace out a shape that I am filling in with watercolor. The pencil lines didn’t erase too well once the shape was painted so I need to brainstorm how to improve this. If you have any ideas/suggestions for this please let me know!
28 Days of Gratitude:
A lot of people add a weekly spread to their bullet journals and I don’t. The reason that I don’t is because as I mentioned above, I still keep a planner so I personally just don’t feel the need to rewrite my weekly tasks and events in two separate books. I also know that I will more than likely neglect one of these.
So instead of the weekly spread I wanted to try something different; something to challenge myself. One of my goals for 2018 is to be more positive in all areas of my life and to go through this journey I thought I would challenge myself for February with a 28 Days of Gratitude page. I just made a 28 box spread and wrote in the top of each box a prompt. Each day I fill in the prompt. So for day 1 the prompt was: What scent are you grateful for? I wrote “lavender” because this scent is one of my favorites but it’s also so relaxing and calming to me that I use it in my personal linen spray and in my diffuser nightly.
I left the expenses blank for now for obvious reasons but the idea behind this is to keep track of my personal spending and my bills. Another goal that I have for 2018 is to spend less and save more. This page was super inciteful in my January spread so I decided to continue it into my February spread.
For the mood tracker *sigh* I really really don’t like the spread that I chose haha. Making this was stressful (remember that you’re supposed to enjoy this process..Don’t pick something that is going to make you stressed) but I do like the color coding concept and even the banner section on the top of the page. As I said above one of my goals for 2018 is that I want to be more positive so that’s why I felt that the mood tracker would be a good idea. This has been super fun to keep track of.
February Mini Goals Spread:
Yet another goal that I’ve set for myself for 2018 is to just overall improve my life and my well-being so I created various mini goals for the month. I split them up in their own monthly spread. I really liked how this looked but it was incredibly time consuming so I think for next month I’ll be trying something a little easier to write out. However on that note I really like doing this mini goal tracker. I definitely will continue doing this!
If you’re looking for other tips or ideas for your own bullet journal you can go to Youtube and search “bullet journal ideas” or something month specific like “March bullet journal” you’ll get a ton of results and ideas.
You can also check out my Pinterest board on bullet journaling ideas here.
You can tag my in your ideas on Instagram too!
I am SO excited to be able to finally share this with you guys!
We have been diligently working on all sorts of new and exciting ideas for Cherished Cottage. We’ve listened to our customers and friends and taken everything in to learn what you guys want and what you like. We have added a lot of new home decor and jewelry ideas to the shop but I wanted to share with you our newest additions to the store!
I want to first start off by telling you guys that this process has been a relatively long one. We did a lot of research and there was a lot of trial and error. We wanted to make sure that we were sharing something really great with you guys; if we wouldn’t be comfortable having the scent or ingredient combination in our own home it won’t end up in our store.
To start we’ve created 4 special scents and are working on creating more to come.
We want to offer our faithful viewers and followers an exclusive coupon code as a celebration! (: This coupon code applies to our entire shop, not just these items.
At checkout use the code CHERISHEDBLOG for free shipping on your entire order!
Our Sweet Dreams scent features a combination of scents designed to help you relax and sleep better. The scents include: lavender, citrus, cedarwood, and ylang ylang.
Our lemon mint scent features a combination of lemon and peppermint. What’s great out this is lemon and mint scents are shown to help provide energy and focus! Also, this is a really great scent if you have seasonal affective disorder.
Our Lavender Lemon spray is a great blend to help with relaxation!
A great spray to make the room/linens smell fresh and clean!
We are also very willing to create a custom scent; you just have to send us a message and we’ll get back to you ASAP and begin creating your personalized room scent.
Room and linen sprays should never be sprayed directly onto wood or glass surfaces as they can leave a mark or streaks.
Room and linen sprays should also not be sprayed around food, pets, pet food, or drinks.
These are not to be used on the skin as a perfume nor on pets as a deodorizer.
For 2018 I have decided to participate in Goodreads reading challenge. The idea is to set a goal of a certain # of books you’d like to read throughout the year.
I set mine for 20- I feel like for me personally that is absolutely doable and more than likely a number I can surpass. So, because of that I decided to challenge myself a little further and come up with a list of types of books that I would like to read.
Here is the list:
If you’re joining me on this journey be sure to leave a comment below or tag me @cherishedcottage on Instagram in your reading posts! I would love to get suggestions from you guys and to hear how your challenge is going!
So as some of you may or may not know, our Etsy shop is owned and run by myself, my mother Lisa, and my father Dennis. But what I’m sure many of you don’t know is that my older sister Jessica has been extremely supportive of our business and has also been eager to get involved herself.
So….meet my big sister Jessica!
She is a 30 year old young woman with Down syndrome.
I want to tell you a little bit about Jessica. She loves old tv shows and movies; specifically Westerns and Andy Griffith and Matlock, I Love Lucy and MASH. She loves to play video games specifically Wii Resort and dancing games (she can out dance all of us!). Jess loves to color, draw, read, and to write; as she’s gotten older these interests have grown and developed into the desire to make things for others.
Jessica loves to make crafts for her friends and her family and has recently shown an interest in expanding her DIY skills to be a part of the family business. We have begun the process of researching out ideas that she would be able to do to contribute to our little business and she is very excited to share all of her crafts with our customers and you guys!
Anything that is made by Jessica will come with a handwritten thank you note from her. She puts lots of love, care, and attention to detail in everything that she creates. Aside from wanting to be a more active member of our family business she has also developed a very deep interest in gardening and cooking (two interests I believe she inherited from our parents and our Poppop). Santa gave her her very own cookbook for Christmas and she’s already been receiving planting catalogs in the mail. Her goal for this summer is to build her very own driveway farm stand where she can sell some of her vegetables and flowers to the neighbors and family.
We have so many exciting things in store for Jessica this year; she is such an important member of our family and you’ll be seeing her pop up frequently throughout our blog posts as well as our shop.
Here are some pictures of Jessica with some of her creations!
I think it’s really important to try to set up some sort of cleaning schedule; if you can. Obviously I know that we all have busy lives and we all have stuff going on and sometimes finding the time to clean can be difficult. So what I recommend is coming up with a cleaning schedule to help you tackle everything you need to do in a week.
The way I did mine was I sat down with a pen and paper and wrote down all the cleaning tasks that need to be done.
This is what I got:
Then I labeled everything for the frequency I felt it should be done:
Now I sat down and wrote out my basic schedule. So the things that I know I have going on every day no matter what; like work. Then I filled in what I already know I do on certain days.
The easiest way for me to do this was to fill in a calendar template. I only filled in the things that I hadn’t written in as “daily”. I also was realistic…my parents and I have a strong tradition of watching certain tv shows together.
Sometimes it’s the only time we get as a family so I made sure to put that in here because I knew if I didn’t I wouldn’t be realistic and I’d overlap or not get stuff done. I also kept it realistic by not sticking all the more time consuming things on one day.
Don’t STRESS about how you’re going to stick to your schedule, or what you’re going to do if something comes up and you don’t have the time. Really, the idea behind having a cleaning schedule is just to 1. make sure that your tasks aren’t all piling up to the point where you feel overwhelmed and 2. for you to be able to see what needs to be done and be able to kind of do it at your own pace.
So my final tip for having a cleaning schedule and probably my post important tip would be to write it in a place you’ll see it.
I keep a planner (by keep a planner I mean: I carry it with me everywhere and may be a little obsessive about it) so I write this schedule in there. The type of planners I use have a monthly overview as well as a weekly overview where I can write things day by day and put notes. At the top of the monthly overview above each day I wrote the chores that I aspire to get done. So on Sunday’s I try to do all of my laundry, vacuum, dust, and mop so I wrote this above the heading “Sunday” for the month of September. Obviously this isn’t something you’d have to do for every month but for someone like me whose schedule is constantly changing this way works best. Then the second thing that I do is add the cleaning chores to my daily to do list. These two things really help me to stay on top of my cleaning and not allow it to pile up into a big stressful heap of messiness.
Let me know how you guys keep a cleaning schedule or if you need help writing your own!
Happy Fall Yall!
Alright, so since it’s officially September I’ve decided (as I’m sure many of us have) that it’s also officially fall. That means I’m getting ready for the cooler weather and I’m decorating my house for fall. I have even gone so far as to buy pumpkin spice creamer and restock on my chai latte k-cups haha.
So since I’m getting ready for fall (and hopefully I’m not alone) I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite fall finds from Etsy.
So let’s get into this!
– Price: $14.45
– 100% Soy Wax 8 Ounce Candle
– Wooden Wick
– The jar is recycled as well is the label! How cool is that?!
– Only Ships within the US
– Burn Time: 45+ hours
– Size: 72 inches long and 44 inches wide
– Made from Cotton, Flannel, and Wool (super super cozy!)
– Ships Worldwide from US
– Ready to ship
– Only one available, so if you’re interested order soon!
– $2.95 for 1 bath bomb
– Ships within US
– Made from Shea and Coconut Oil.
– Also includes essential oils, organic rolled oats, and pumpkin spice!
– All bath bombs from SimplyBombBySydney are designed to moisturize and soften skin as well as help to reduce inflammation and relieve body aches as well as stress.
– The owner this shop makes it very clear that her bath bombs are Not Tested On Animals.
– $20 for standard length (20 tassels) or $40 for 40 tassels
– Ships from US
– 5-7 days before shipping
– 4-5 feet long
– 3.5″ long and 2.25″ wide
– Ships from US
– Made to Order
– Sizing: Size small fits a preemie/newborn baby best: starts at 8″- stretches to 15″ in diameter. The regular fits newborn – toddler: starts at 9″- stretches to 24″ in diameter
– Each headband is packaged so that it’s ready to be given as a gift (how cool is that?!)
– Made with Heat Transfer Vinyl
– There are a ton of color and size options! So if you have a preference I’m sure that they have it!
– Ship from US
– $4.00 for 1 Bath Bomb
– Made with: Apricot Oil (moisturizing), Candy Corn Fragrance, Vitamin E Oil, Epsom Salt, Citric Acid, Corn Starch, Baking Soda
– Ships Worldwide from US
– 2 Size Options
Mini: Approximately an inch in diameter, fizzing for about 90 seconds.
Large: Approximately 2 inches in diameter, fizzing for just about 4 minutes.
– This shop has a ton of other awesome scents available!
– $7 for 1
– Ships Worldwide from US
– Contains: Vitamin E (Protects and repairs skin) and Organic Sweet Almond Oil (Softens the skin)
– Scented with Autumn Rain- reminds you of hay bales, fresh cut wood, fallen leaves..that amazing aromatic autumn air!
– Material: 100% Cotton Canvas Fabric with a heavy duty canvas with fabric lining
– Size: 16″ W x 16″ H
– Ships Worldwide from US
- Instant Download Hello Fall Sign
– Size: 8×10
– Digital Download (meaning once you purchase it, it’s available to download and you can print it at home or at any local printing store!)
– 1 JPG and 1 PDF file included in purchase
– The words are hand-lettered (how awesome!?) so it’s a one of a kind piece of art!
- Happy Fall Y’all Mug
– Price: $12.95-$15.95
– Two mug sizes: 11 oz and 15 oz.
– Ships from Oregon 3-5 business days
-This mug is printed and pressed (NOT made using vinyl)- Top rack dishwasher and microwave safe
– $27.50 + chain length varies- 14 inches to 18 inches
– Ships Worldwide from UK
– Features: Antique gold plated pine cone charm that is suspended from gold filled chain.
– Pine cone charm measure approx 12 x8 mm.
– Chain lengths offered: 14, 15,16, 17 and 18 inches.
– Your order arrives in a gift box.
– Ships Worldwide from US
– Size: 8 inches tall and is 7.5 inches from front to back of wagon
– This adorable wagon stands on it’s own and the wheels really do move!
– Ships Worldwide from US
-Fits Erin Condren Vertical and Mambi
– Includes: 4 full sheets.
– Also comes with a free sampler!
– Printed on high quality matte sticker paper.
– Packaging: comes in a cellophane bag and photo mailer
– Ships Worldwide from US
– Made from soy wax, fragrance, coloring, and a lead free wick
– Candle comes in an 8 oz tin
– Scent info: Apple butter with a swirl of caramel! (yum!)
– Phthalates free!
– Digital Download- no need to wait for shipping!
– You get:
– 3 JPG planner sticker (8.5in x 11in 300dpi) – 5 PNG transparent background, (each PNG is 6×8 inches)
-3 PDF file (3 files included, US Letter Size, 8.5×11 inches)
-5 DXF files (each dxf is 6″ x 8″ inches
-1 PDF – Instructions
– Ships Worldwide from US
– This necklace is made from a real lacy oak leaf, aspen leaf, acorn or that has been dipped in 14k gold yellow gold, 14k rose gold or sterling silver. Each leaf is unique and one of a kind.
– Size: approximately 1/4 inches long and 3/4 inches wide. Pine cones are about 1/2 inch in length.
– Keep in mind that they will vary in size and shape because they are real leaves and pine cones!
– 3/8 of an inch engraved 14k yellow gold filled, rose gold filled or stainless steel initial charm accompanies the leaf and is hanging from an 18 inch chain.
– Write the initial that you need in the “notes” section of your order at checkout
HAPPY FALL YA’LL
***Disclaimer: I obtained permission from each Etsy seller before writing up this post. I had permission to use their link, main photo, and details from every listing.
*** Every link title goes directly to the item pictured below it. All purchases made through this post benefit only the Etsy seller who’s item you purchase.
*** All of these items are made by hand and with love and great care.