This recipe has been in our family for years. My mother & her mom used it; now I use it and have passed it on to Alissa. Now it’s time we share it with our Cherished Cottage Family- I hope you enjoy!
- 3-4 large cucumbers*
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cut cucumbers into thin slices (if you don’t like the skin, peel them before slicing), set aside.
- Dice up onion & set aside with the cucumber.
- In a large bowl mix mayo & sugar, let sit for about 3 minutes.
- Add vinegar to sugary/mayo mix & stir again.
- Finally, add the milk & stir. The dressing should be thin but not watery looking.
- Stir in cucumbers & onions.
- Chill for at least an hour
*If you don’t want cucumber with a lot of seeds try getting English cucumber from your supermarket.
Stay up to date on coupons and new recipes by joining our email list! You can subscribe here & stay up to date on all the happenings here at Cherished Cottage.