As almost every dog owner knows, peanut butter is pretty much a favorite for all dogs. But what I recently read and confirmed with a veterinarian is that pumpkin is actually really good for you dog. Our older beagle (Toby) has a sensitive tummy and I can never give him store bought treats because they make him sick. Apparently pumpkin actually helps to calm an upset tummy for dogs. I don’t know if this works for humans but Toby had no problems with these treats.
- 1cup of 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup of Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 2 to 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Combine all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together on a medium speed. Be sure to scrape down the sides of your bowl and the bottom to make sure all ingredients get mixed thoroughly.
- If you want to make cut out cookies you’ll want your dough to be a little drier so you may need to add some extra flour to the mixture. Just add enough that it won’t be sticky and that you can roll it out.If not, just take spoonfuls of the mixture out of your bowl and “plop” them onto your cookie sheets.
- If you’re cutting the cookies out, roll the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper to the desired thickness. My boys prefer the thicker dog biscuits so I made my dough a little thick for them. The thicker they are the softer they will be.
- Once you have your cookies on your baking sheets they need to bake for 10-15 minutes.
Allow these to cool and then serve to your pup!
The boys clearly loved their snacks! For more puppy love check out our Meet the “Puppies” post!