- 2 1/2 lb russet potatoes
- 4oz cream cheese
- 4 slices of pre-cooked bacon
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 32oz chicken broth
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 1c milk
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- chives for seasoning
- Cut cream cheese into small cubes and set aside to soften. Spray bottom of Instant Pot insert with cooking spray or lightly oil.
- Wash and dice potatoes; put directly into pot. Pour in chicken broth and all seasonings. Stir.
- Place lid on pot and set to sealing. Cook for 10 minutes on HIGH.
- When cook time is up let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure. While letting the pressure release manually cook the bacon & in a small bowl mix the milk & cornstarch.
- Remove lid from the pot & set to saute. Once the soup is simmering pour in the cornstarch mixture and stir. Add in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese, stirring until melted (about 4 minutes).
- Turn off Instant Pot and allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with crumbled bacon & chives.
Serve and Enjoy!
Stay up to date on coupons and new recipes by joining our email list! You can subscribe here & stay up to date on all the happenings here at Cherished Cottage.