This recipe is SO easy, it’s perfect for a quick dinner but also for a get-together!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays brand)
- 6 cups crushed BBQ chips (I use Lays brand)
- Preheat oven to 375º and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and place on a large bowl
- Add the BBQ sauce to the bowl & stir until chicken is well coated
- In a large ziplock bag, crush the BBQ chips into desired crumbs
- Add 1/2 of the chips (3 cups) to the bowl of chicken and stir
- Add the other 1/2 of the potato chips to a separate bowl
- Coat each piece of chicken in chip crumbs until fully covered and place on prepared baking tray
- Bake chicken until golden brown (about 12 minutes)
- Serve with a side of ranch dressing or any sauce! You can even eat them without additional sauce!
I love Longhorn Steakhouse and their Parmesan crusted chicken is pretty much the main thing Brian and I order so I recently decided to make it on my own and I must say it turned out pretty amazing. The entire meal takes about an hour and a half to prepare but it’s very easy.
Before we begin, I would recommend that you make sure you have a full bottle of ranch dressing or at least a nearly full bottle on hand.
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon juice from fresh lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Put the chicken in a large freezer bag.
- In a bowl mix all of the marinade ingredients and pour into the freezer bag
- Seal the bag and shake it to fully coat the chicken
- Put the chicken in the refrigerator and fully marinate for an hour
Preheat oven to 350°
- When chicken is done marinating place it on a sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes
- Flip the chicken and bake for an additional 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Parmesan Crusty Topping
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 slices Provolone cheese (1 for each piece of chicken)
- While the chicken is baking mix all of the ingredients for the Parmesan sauce in a bowl and set aside
- In a second bowl mix together all of the ingredients for the Parmesan crust (except for the Provolone cheese slices) and side aside
- When the chicken is finished baking set the broiler on low and spread the Parmesan sauce over the top of the chicken breasts, top with a slice of provolone cheese, and add a large spoonful of the parmesan crust over top.
- Place the chicken back into the oven for about 2 minutes. Keep an eye on the chicken- you want the provolone cheese to melt & the crust to look golden & crispy.
Serve and enjoy!